Installing Android 4 on a Beaglebone Black from a Mac
Finding information on installing Android on a Beaglebone Black from a Mac is difficult. You have to get a disk image
onto a micro-SD card. The following steps worked for me:
- Download the disk image Android 4.2.2
- Plug the micro-SD card in however you need to (there is a slot on my Mini)
- From a terminal window:
- "sudo diskutil list" Find the "/dev/diskxxx" of the correct disk.
- Be very certain.
- "diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskxxx" to unmount the disk (not the volumes)
- Unzip the downloaded file. You should have a file "BBB_JB_Android_3_8_13.img"
- Here's the killer:
- "dd if=BBB_JB_Android_3_8_13.img of=/dev/diskxxx"
The last command took 36 minutes to complete. The file is 3.9GB and the micro-SD is not fast:
3940548608 bytes transferred in 2177.874372 secs (1809355 bytes/sec)
Since you have to run it from the SD card, and not from internal flash, it is s-l-o-w.